Are you using all of the free promotion features that come with your Google Business Profile? You can add events, offers, posts, photos, and it all helps with your local SEO!
Promotion features will help you earn a top spot in Google, and they’re easy to add by just using your mobile phone.
Reminder: Google My Business was rebranded as Google Business Profile in November 2021.
Your Google My Business listing still exists, you just manage it differently now.
You can access the free promotion tools for your listing right from Google Search. It’s really easy to use your phone, especially when you’re on the go!
Google Business Profile
As shown in my graphic, I found my listing on Google Maps by searching for my business name.
The blue arrow points to the Promote button. Under Promote, you will find the links shown below.
- You can review your Business Profile interactions here.
- See how people discovered you.
- See how many searches showed your Business Profile in the search results.
- This link will take you to your Google Ads manager.
- You can upload a photo from your phone so it appears on your profile.
- Square photos work best here.
Ask for Reviews
- Click this link to copy what appears, or use the share buttons to send via email or to post on social.
- This is a direct link to your reviews so use it to ask clients to post a review on your Google Business Profile.
- This is where you can create a Post.
- Upload an image that is 4:3, not square, so it does not get cropped by Google.
- Add your caption in the description field.
- Add a link to your website under Add a button (optional).
- This is where you can announce a sale or a special savings that has a start date and end date.
- You’ll want your image to be 4:3 for offers as well.
- If you are hosting an event, be sure to add it to Google!
- Add your title, date and time, and description of your event.
- If you’re selling tickets, Add a button right to your online ticket sales.
- Event images should be 4:3 so they don’t get cropped.
Google gave you a free profile with amazing free promotional tools so be sure to use them often!
Updating your Google Business Profile often, especially with Posts, will help you stay competitive on Google.