What’s the most common question that I get asked by business owners with a new Instagram account?
“How do I buy followers on Instagram so I have more followers than my competition?”
“Do not buy instagram followers. Ever!”
You can tell if someone bought Instagram followers by looking at profiles of their followers. The profile names might be in another language, each profile shows a low number of posts, and the numbers of accounts they are following will be huge.
Bottom Line: These “bought” accounts have been created specifically for third parties who sell Instagram followers to businesses. They are selling fake accounts.
Buying Instagram Followers Hurts Your Business
Buying Instagram followers is shady business. While more followers makes you look more popular because you have really big follower numbers, purchasing followers actually hurts your Instagram account.
Low Engagement Rate
- The followers you purchased are fake which means they won’t be engaging with your posts. You’ll get zero engagement and you will decrease your overall engagement rate. That’s a bad thing on Instagram.
They Are Not Potential Customers
- Buying fake followers will never result in real business. They will never make a purchase from you and they won’t hire you for your services.
You Earn a Bad Reputation
- Having fake followers looks “spammy” and will destroy your reputation as a business. You are creating a bad impression for would-be followers and potential customers.
- If you’re looking to collaborate with influencers for your brand, they will check the quality of your followers. Great influencers know how to spot real followers and fake followers.
Instagram Account Suspension
- Buying followers goes against Instagram’s guidelines. When Instagram finds out (and they will), they can suspend your account. Buying a fake number of followers could make you lose one of your best marketing profiles – is it worth it?
Never buy Instagram followers to try and fool your audience.
Never buy Instagram followers because you risk hurting your brand.
Do Things the Right Way on Instagram
Grow your engagement with real people over time and you will earn more valuable followers who care.