Hopefully your business is using Instagram by now and you’re reaching more people. Instagram is such a great visual platform for social advertising and organic reach.
It’s important that your Instagram profile represents who you are and makes your brand easy to recognize.
Make a Great First Impression on Instagram
Your profile bio, story highlights, and posts are great ways for people to get to know you. By showing your personality, you will give them more reasons to follow you.
I have a few recommendations that should be included on any Instagram Business profile. You might have these key elements optimized already or you could benefit from a few simple improvements.
(See numbers in graphic for reference.)
1 Account Profile Handle
- This should be the full name of your business or brand.
- Best social media practice is to use the same profile handle on all of your social channels. @abuzzcreative
2 Profile Image
- If your account is for a business, this image should be your logo.
- For people who provide a service like coaching or freelancing, this could be a professional photo of yourself.
3 Profile Name
- This should be the name of your business or brand, obviously.
- A person’s name does not belong here.
- You can add your profession to this line as well. That way people know what your business is about. I added “Web Design” after my business name since that is my primary focus.
4 An Optimized Bio
- Fill this section in completely! I see lots of profiles that are missing links and service descriptions.
- Keep it simple while giving people a solid understanding of what it is you do and why they should follow you.
5 Profile Link
- You get one link, just one, so make it good. Most people just add their business website address here.
- What if you want to share more links? I use the Tailwind app so I can create more links to all of the services I provide.
6 Story Highlights
- When people visit an Instagram profile, quite often they click on the highlights icons. They can scroll through your stories so make sure you’re adding the best of your uploads in your Story Highlights.
- Add unique cover icons, just to add more interest.
Make Your Instagram Profile Stand Out
Take the time creating an interesting profile and designing fun visuals for your story highlights. You’ll get more attention – and followers – if you make your profile shine like the star that you are!
Should I switch to a Business Profile on Instagram?
If you currently have your profile set as Personal, you are missing out on some great features! An Instagram Business Profile gives you access to insights, plus you can share a link to your website and create a contact button. It’s really easy to change your Personal profile to an Instagram Business profile – you do not have to start over!