We’ve all seen those ads saying anyone can make a website in just one hour. Is a “Do-It-Yourself” website builder really the best option for your business?
How much time do you have?
Believe me, it’s going to take more than one hour to create a website. You have to choose a domain name and hosting plan, then you need to design your site and add all of your text and photos. Building a website is a very time-consuming task, plus you get to do the problem-solving when things go wrong.
How critical is your website to your business?
If you need your website to be a user-friendly conversion machine that is always online, or you need to develop a secure e-commerce option, your business needs to hire someone. Those are big tasks that are tricky to accomplish, especially with site builders.
Your website is a valuable asset to your business. If you use an online builder like Wix or Weebly or Shopify, you do not own your website. You’re renting.
When you hire a professional web designer, they will build you a website that you own. It’s yours to keep.
Why can’t your DIY website be found online?
People contact me after they used Wix or Weebly to build their own website, because they now need my help making their site more visible.
And there lies the rub.
Sure, site builders like Wix make it very easy to build a simple website.
But they make it very easy to build a website that performs badly.
Hiring a pro who knows SEO from the beginning will make your site rank better faster.
How much do you know about SEO?
There’s more to a website than just making one with a DIY site builder and hitting publish. You’re not done.
You need to know how to optimize a website to be found by people on a search engine. SEO is about the design, content, speed, and usability, as well as the technical aspects for making a site rank well.
You also need to know how to use Google Search Console.
Reasons to Hire a Professional Website Designer
- A professional website designer will have the skills and experience needed to create a website that looks professional and is easy for people to use.
- A web designer will create a website that is optimized for search engines from the ground up, from start to finish. Your website will be optimized for search engines with keyword-rich text, meta tags, alt tags, header tags, and proper file names, all of which improves your visibility online (especially with Google).
- Web designers know how to create a website that is responsive and mobile friendly. With today’s mobile use, websites need to function well on all mobile devices and screen sizes.
- Adding advanced website functionality and secure payment processors is a breeze for a pro.
- Web designers know the importance of creating a website for the user experience. It needs to be easy to navigate and easy to read. This also helps search engines like Google understand the structure of your site.
- Web designers know where to list your site for quality inbound links.
- A web designer can help you set up a Google Business Profile because it’s necessary for local SEO.
- A professional web designer will build you a website that you own. You are not renting and there’s no risk of losing your website.
It’s important to think about the specific needs of your business when it comes to your website.
There are lots of talented website designers available. Finding the right web pro who fits your budget should be easy.