I can’t imagine my local communities without my favorite small businesses. Where else can you get personable, memorable customer service from people you know?
When you support a local business, you’re also supporting your town, city, and neighborhood.
Why should you consider supporting local business owners?
- Supporting local businesses helps to strengthen the local economy by keeping money within the community. When you buy from a local business, more of the money you spend stays in the community, which can help to create jobs and spur economic growth.
Unique Products and Services
- Local businesses usually offer unique products and services that are not available at big chain stores. This can make your shopping experience more interesting and a lot more fun.
- Local businesses are often owned and operated by people who live in your community. They are invested in the well-being of your community, and they contribute to local causes and organizations.
- Local businesses often have a smaller carbon footprint than big chain stores. They might use less packaging, plus they source products locally, and have smaller facilities.
- Lots of my favorite local business owners are more hands-on. They are involved in the day-to-day operations of their business. They remember your name when you shop. They are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that you are a happy customer.
Get Vocal on Social Media!
Post pictures and status updates of your favorite small businesses. It’s a free and easy way to give them a shout-out.
When you find a local product you want friends to know about, post a photo with a great caption. Be sure to mention the business in your post and check-in at their location.
You can also repost fun content that your favorite business has published on their Facebook and Instagram profiles.
Time to Shop Local!
- Shop for groceries at the local market and farmers market.
- Hire local service providers (like a local web designer!).
- Support the small business who might be supporting you.
Supporting local business owners can have a positive impact on the local economy, community development, and environment.