The pandemic sent us all on a pretty wild ride! We were driving in all directions, trying to keep business going. We cruised on over to social media to promote ourselves.
But for some, that’s where the ride came to a screeching halt.
Too many business owners see social media as just a promotional tool instead of a place to build real relationships. They brag and sell, and they brag some more, with zero results.
After awhile, some gave up and blamed social media for failing them.
Here’s the thing. You can’t make us fall in love with you if all you do is brag about yourself.
If your posts are always formatted as one-way conversations that advertise you over and over, we won’t get excited about you and we won’t think you care about us.
Using social media to increase website traffic
We spend a lot of time on social media so it’s great place for your business to connect with more people – if you do it right!
- Posts with the best visuals get our attention every time!
- Create relevant, high-quality content for your niche.
- You’re an expert – teach us! Give us practical tips and techniques.
- Entertain us with real life stories and behind the scenes looks.
- Ask us questions. Ask for our opinion. Ask for caption ideas.
You have to show interest in the people who have chosen to follow you.
Facebook and Instagram still reign supreme
Choose the social media channels where your best customers are hanging out, then develop a strategy for those profiles.
- Facebook is still the king of social media (almost 2 billion daily active users!).
- Instagram comes in at a close second (1 billion monthly active users and growing).
- Tiktok, Twitter, and LinkedIn are great platforms, too.
Pick two or three social media channels, and do them well.
Share links to your website often in your posts to keep driving that traffic.
Remember, nobody likes a bragger. Value and being authentic are what matters when keeping social media social.
Make sure we want to come along for the ride!