The Internet helps us find answers to questions, locate businesses, purchase products, connect with friends, and so much more. The search engines provide search results based on what we type from our computer or phone.
Thanks to voice assistants like Alexa, Siri, and Google, we can quickly get the information we need through audio content, or voice search. By saying voice commands instead of typing, we are searching the web faster, and in a much different way.
When we’re traveling, we can ask these voice assistants to help us find stores, restaurants, specific products, gas, and lodging based on our mobile location. “Near me” searches from mobile devices have more than doubled.
Voice search is changing the way Google handles search queries.
What does this mean for your business? Optimizing for voice search should play a large factor in your digital marketing strategy.
Adjust your website content for the following:
- Use natural sounding language.
- Form queries into question phrases.
- Provide concise answers to questions.
- Target long-tail keywords.
- Ensure your website is fast, mobile friendly, and secure.
- Make sure your Google My Business profile is completely filled out, including your description, business hours, name, address, and phone number. This is crucial for being found in “near me” search results.
Enabling voice search in your digital marketing will help deliver content effectively for today’s search trends.
If your website content is optimized effectively for voice search – especially for mobile use – your business could be the first one Alexa, Siri, or Google suggests.