Social media boosts the visibility of your brand where people hang out most. In today’s digital world, your business can’t survive without a social media presence.
Everyone’s on social media. They’re scrolling and searching and liking and sharing.
Your business has to be there.
Maintaining a social media presence will help your business stay connected with current clients and builds trust with potential clients.
What do you mean, strong social media presence?
Your social media presence involves establishing and maintaining an active presence on social media platforms.
It goes beyond simply having a social media profile and channel. You need to post consistently with content that encourages users to interact (like, comment, and share).
Your business should also be engaging with other profiles on social media. Spend time on Facebook and Instagram as your business, then take time to engage with posts (like, comment, and share).
Components of your social media presence may include:
Profile and Branding
- Creating and optimizing your social media profiles.
- Adding high-qualitiy profile images and cover photos.
- Writing a keyword-rich description detailing what your business does.
- Using consistent branding elements like logos and color schemes.
- Developing a well-defined content strategy with different types of content.
- Setting a schedule and determining the frequency of your posts.
- Using a consistent voice and telling stories with your brand personality.
- Actively engaging by responding to comments, messages, and mentions.
- Creating posts that invite conversations and are good enough for others to share.
- Answering questions and addressing feedback in a timely manner.
- Creating a community around your brand.
- Encouraging comments and discussions with questions and challenges.
- Monitoring conversations on profiles as well as the brands you follow.
- Understanding what people are saying about your industry.
- Identifying opportunities or potential issues.
Analytics and Measuring
- Tracking and analyzing reach, engagement, follower growth, and click-through rates.
- Using data to help refine future efforts and strategies.
An effective social media presence for your business takes a little creativity and consistency. Following trends on platforms like Facebook and Instagram will guide you in how best to engage your audience effectively.
Think about how you can add value to today’s topics while trying different types of visuals.
It’s as simple as posting something interesting that will attract readers.