User experience is a common buzzword with today’s websites, and that’s because it’s extremely important. A happy visitor might become a happy customer!
How do you create a positive user experience?
Build a website that loads fast
If your site is slow to load, you are probably losing lots of potential customers. We have a need for speed so your site needs to load fast!
- Get rid of plugins you don’t need that are creating bloat.
- Reduce the file sizes of your images so they load quickly.
Statistics show that if your web page loads in five seconds or less, you will have the highest conversion rates.
Optimize for mobile devices
Most of your website traffic is now coming from people on their mobile devices. Those mobile users are contacting businesses they found in their mobile search results.
- Test your site for optimal mobile viewing.
- Make sure we can get from page to page with ease.
Make it easy to use
Provide a site structure that we can move through and find what we’re looking for, especially on mobile.
- Provide us with big buttons to click on instead tiny text links.
- Make sure we never have to pinch and zoom on our phone. That is not mobile friendly!
Make the design desirable
Great visuals and design elements will help your visitors feel positive emotions.
- Create a clean design that makes us feel good.
- Make all text easy to read. This is done with good contrasts between the background page color and the font colors.
Simplify all e-commerce
Your users want a seamless online shopping experience and an easy checkout process. If it’s too complicated, people will get frustrated and leave your site.
- Place cart buttons where they are easy to see and click.
- Simplify the check out process with one easy page.
See? Creating a great website user experience is easy!