If you have a local business and you want to attract more local clients, you need to engage in digital marketing. Marketing strategies that target your local community should be a top priority for your local business.
Instagram is a great place to connect with customers near you. If you always include location tags and hashtags for your city and region in your posts, you can target local businesses easier.
Make sure you’re set up as a business profile on Instagram so you can get more features and statistics (Insights)!
Post High Quality Visuals
- The way to get someone to stop scrolling is with great visual content!
- Share beautiful photos, fun images of your staff, or multiple photos of events.
- Create eye-catching graphics with text overlays that are easy to read on small devices.
- Upload engaging videos, and make sure you get to the point in 8 seconds or you will lose video viewers!
Have a Winning Profile
- Add a good logo or profile picture that reflects your brand.
- Write a great description with an overview of what you do.
- Add a link to your website. You can also use a multi-linking tool like Tailwind App or Linktree so you can add more links to your profile.
Use Relevant Hashtags on Each Post
- Add hashtags to each post you create. It’s getting harder for posts to be shown on Instagram so using hashtags that relate to each post will increase your visibility and reach.
- Use at least 11 hashtags and you can add a maximum of 30 hashtags per post.
- Do not copy the same hashtags onto each post! Instagram will penalize your account if you keep using the same 30 hashtags over and over again in each and every post.
Today’s digital marketing is all about the human experience. By being authentic and making connections with other local businesses, you can grow an authentic community of your own.