Are you always wondering what kinds of things your business should be posting on social media? Believe me, I struggle with marketing content the most.
My focus is web design and digital marketing services. How do I write about websites and SEO and online marketing while making it exciting to followers?
I have a few ideas for you that might help you with new content for your socials!
1. Stories About You and Your Team
We buy from people we trust and we work with people we like.
- Show your brand personality.
- Tell stories that help us get to know you and your staff.
2. Share Answers to Questions You Get All the Time
You and your staff are probably answering the same questions on the phone and in person.
- Make a list of the questions people ask your business all the time.
- Create posts that are FAQs.
3. Share Facts, Tips, and Useful Info
Think about all the different facts and tips you can share to help people know more about what you do.
- Create how-to videos of ways to use one of your products.
- Share historical facts about how your business got started.
- Show us how something is made!
4. Funny and Light-Hearted
We all love to laugh and it’s a great way to connect with other people. We remember the people who made us smile.
- Have some fun with photos of everyday life.
- Create memes that make us laugh.
5. Stories from Behind the Scenes
Take us behind the scenes at your place of business. It’s a place most of us would love to see!
- Show people what you do and how you do it.
- Give us more sneak peeks of your team.
- Share places where your staff can be found volunteering.
6. Testimonials, Reviews, and Case Studies
- Share client reviews, including those left on Google My Business.
- Do you have a case study of something you recently worked on?
7. Promotions (but don’t overdo it)
I put this last because, when we’re on social media, we don’t really like being sold to.
- The occasional sales post is OK. Just don’t overdo it.
Be human. Be real. Add value and your personality to all of your posts, and you should see more engagement from followers!