To rank well on Google, you need to focus on search engine optimization as part of your entire site build. SEO plays a crucial role in improving your Google visibility and ranking.
Keyword-Infuse Your Website!
SEO starts with using good keywords throughout your page content, your page names, and when naming image files. Include them in titles, blogs, and bios.
Keywords are the specific terms and phrases people use to look on Google for services like yours. When choosing the best keywords for your business, you need think like your customer.
Let’s say you sell auto insurance in Petoskey, Michigan. People might be searching for:
- Petoskey auto insurance
- Northern Michigan auto insurance
- Car insurance agent in Petoskey
We all search for things differently, so you have to think like your customers and add the terms they are using to find your business. Google Analytics will help you determine which search terms are bringing people to your website and which keyword phrases you might need to add.
How SEO Helps Your Website on Google
Ready to climb higher in Google’s search rankings? When you focus on the tips shown below, you’ll be on the path to better Google visibility like never before!
- Work on improving SEO techniques that will help your website rank higher in Google’s search results.
- Narrow your focus by only adding specific keywords and niche phrases. When your site appears higher in the search results, you have a better chance at more clicks and increased traffic to your website.
Increase Organic Traffic
- Organic traffic refers to visitors who find your website through unpaid search results. These are the search results that appear under the Google three pack map.
- Optimize your web site for relevant keywords and write lots of valuable content – for humans and for Google’s bots.
Improve the Website User Experience
- SEO isn’t just about content optimization. Your website design needs to be user-friendly.
- Visitors should be able to find what they’re looking for with ease.
- Your website should load quickly and it needs to be mobile friendly for all devices.
- Google rewards higher rankings to websites that are mobile-friendly and provide a positive user experience.
- You need to do your keyword homework!
- Add only specific keywords or phrases that are relevant to your content and your target audience.
- Choose niche keywords to attract the right customer. When you rank well for these keywords, you can attract people who are actively searching for information or products related to your business niche.
Quality Website Content
- Your content needs to be yours and written by you. Never copy text from a competitor or from another website in your industry – Google will not index duplicate content.
- Write for your human visitors first with content that is informative and relevant. Google values content that addresses people’s needs and what they’re searching for. Valuable content can help you rank higher on Google.
- The Internet is made up of a web of links. Building quality inbound and outbound links is an important part of SEO. Google views backlinks as a sign of trust and authority. Earning authoritative backlinks can improve your website’s credibility and ranking.
- Add links to organization websites where you’re a member and have a listing. Make sure your website link appears on your social media profiles and online directories.
- For businesses with physical locations, adding location keywords is essential. It helps your website appear in local search results when users search for products or services in a specific area. Local SEO can bring potential customers to your physical store or place of business.
Update Your Google Business Profile
- Include keywords in the Services section of your listing. Sticking to the insurance example above, you would add Car Insurance Agent in Petoskey or Petoskey auto insurance in service listings you offer.
- An optimized profile helps you get on Google’s three pack map which showcases local businesses on a map. Get on that map!
- To stay competitive, SEO is an ongoing process. You need to update your website often with new content, plus you need to optimize your existing content if it’s not helping.
- Stay up-to-date with SEO best practices to maintain or improve your rankings on Google.
Effective SEO Strategies
SEO is a multifaceted strategy that helps your website rank higher on Google. You need to invest time in your SEO often.
You can’t do all this work, then “set it and forget it.” You have to keep it fresh.
The goal is to stay competitive in your industry and potentially surpass competitors in search rankings, ultimately leading to greater success for your website – and your business.