At the beginning of 2023, a local business found that their Google Business Profile was suspended. When was the last time you checked your listing?
This local business was no longer visible on Google Maps and they now ranked low in Google Search, if at all.
Google will suspend or disable your Google Business Profile when your business listing:
- Has violated one or more of Google’s guidelines.
- Doesn’t appear to be a legitimate business.
- The profile is considered spam.
How does a business get their profile “unsuspended”?
The business first had to sign in to their Business Profile to verify that their profile follows Google’s guidelines.
They then had to ask for profile reinstatement by filling out a form with Google
In a few days, they got their profile reinstated.
When was the last time you checked your profile?
Log in to Google and search for your business.
- Verify that your profile is visible to the public.
- Make sure you have access to managing your Google Business Profile.
- Verify that your business shows on Google Maps.
- Update your profile with posts and photos.
Your Google Business Profile listing is an important part of your local SEO strategy.
Make sure your profile is verified, optimized, and up-to-date!