WordPress is a robust platform for developing a highly professional website where Squarespace is an online site builder for basic sites. Which one is better?
When your website is developed with the self-hosted WordPress software, all of the content we create together on your site is yours. This is not the case with Squarespace. WordPress also beats Squarespace with easy to manage tools for editing, expanding, promoting and exporting your site.
Reasons WordPress Websites Are Better Than SquareSpace
- You have full control of your WordPress design; you are “renting” your look with SquareSpace.
- Opportunities to expand are unlimited with WordPress plugins and features.
- You have access to each and every single file to customize, edit, or export.
- You own your website and its functionality. If SquareSpace closes its doors one day, your website closes, too.
- You choose the quality of your website host with WordPress. We host your website (and email) on very reliable servers.
- Your WordPress website will be highly customized for your brand and your visitor’s needs.
- WordPress websites offer more control for search engine optimization (SEO). You need to be able to optimize your website for search engines, and WordPress offers great tools to accomplish SEO.
- WordPress functionality for anything you can possibly imagine. SquareSpace offers fewer options so your website is going to be pretty basic.
- You do not own your SquareSpace website… or did we say that already?
Think of Squarespace as a rental option for your website. You pay a monthly fee and have to ask permission to upgrade or update your design. With WordPress, together we have control of the design, functionality, growth, and ownership of your website.
WordPress is leaps and bounds above all the DIY options available. Your website is an asset, not an expense, and we want you to spend your money wisely. Your business should own your websites and content – whether you are our clients or not.
Full disclaimer: I design and develop websites using self-hosted WordPress software. As a designer, I have a choice. I choose WordPress for my clients.