The term “search engine optimization” may sound daunting, but there are easy updates you can make to optimize your site for better search results.
Check out these five simple SEO tips to help you optimize your site and get more organic traffic.
Tip 1: Keywords
- Identify and prioritize the keywords that your potential customers use when searching for the products and services you offer.
Tip 2: Titles and Descriptions
- Write descriptive page titles that include keywords from that page.
- Create meta descriptions that include your key marketing messages.
Tip 3: Headers, Content and Image “Alt” Tags
- Optimize your headers and use the proper heading format (H1-H6). Only one H1 per page!
- Write your page content for the human reader while optimizing for the search engines with relevant keywords for that page.
- Make sure you add an “alt” tag to each image you upload. (This also helps visually impaired visitors who have your content read to them.)
Tip 4: Business Listings
- Update your online business listings and optimize your social media profiles. All profiles should have the same address and include descriptions of what you do.
Tip 5: Links
- Build relevant and quality links to your website and to specific page content.
Focus on these basic SEO tips and you will see an improvement in your search engine rankings and visitor traffic.