Marketing Tasks Your Business Needs to Outsource
Are you spending too much time on marketing tasks instead of running – and growing – your business? With competition being so high in your market, it’s important to be on top of your marketing game.
The problem is, you probably think your budget is too small to hire a professional to manage your marketing. So, you’ve opted to take on a DIY approach to your website, social media, and content creation, all of which might be falling short, making it hard to compete.
The truth is, there are freelancers and marketing agencies who will create a marketing plan that fits your budget!
Local professionals want to work with you – just let them know what you can afford.
Marketing Tasks to Outsource Locally
Your best bet is to hire a separate local freelancer or local agency for each task. Don’t hire someone who is trying to create websites and post on social media and make logos and shoot amateur videos.
Find someone local who understands your market and specializes in one area, and does it well.
Website Design & SEO
- Your website is your most important marketing piece. Find a web designer who has experience in website development and knows SEO to get you listed on Google.
- A good web designer will have a strong portfolio of live client links to back up their skills.
- For logo and graphic design, find a graphic artist who specializes in that skill and knows how to showcase your brand.
- Make sure they will provide you with high resolution files (AI, EPS, PDF, PNG) you need for signs, business cards, your website, and your marketing materials.
Social Media Management
- For social media posting and scheduling, hire a social media team who has proven experience in creating unique content just for you.
- Ask for examples of their client work so you can see the content and engagement – the posts they create should have lots of likes and comments.
- Make sure the content they are creating is unique for that client while honoring their brand.
Videos for Commercials
- For videos that will be broadcast in high definition on TV or at the movie theater, hire a pro!
- Hire a videographer with proper lighting and sound equipment, and the editing skills needed to create files needed for broadcasting.
Hire a Different Pro for Different Marketing Tasks
Hire a professional who specializes in one area. If a freelancer offers more than one service, make sure those services are closely related.
- For example, a web designer should know search engine optimization and how to get your business on Google My Business for local SEO.
Review, Review, and Review Again
Ask for portfolio links so can you see the quality of their work. Ask for testimonials or review links so you can see what clients have to say.
Professionals that have worked on similar projects as yours will help you find success.
It will take a lot of the guesswork out for you so you can focus on running your business.