Google My Business is a free tool for controlling how your business appears on Google Maps and Google search results. Google My Business is something every business needs to rank better on Google!
Per Google Small Business, there have been 350 times more “near me” and “local” searches this year than there were ten years.
You need to make sure your business in being found in all those new local searches. Your Local SEO starts with your Google My Business profile.
How do I use Google My Business?
Get started using Google My Business with the following steps:
- Log in to the Google Account you’ll use for managing your Google My Business profile (or create a new one).
- Go to google.com/business and click Manage Now.
- (1) Find and claim your Google My Business profile or (2) create a new one.
- Verify your business and Google My Business profile.
- Update your Google My Business profile with your name, address, phone number, and more.
- Encourage your clients or customers to share their experience by leaving a review.
- Optimize your profile with posts, products, services, photos, and more.
To get the most out of Google My Business, make a routine of updating your profile and adding content.
Where do my Google My Business listings appear?
Your Google My Business listing will appear on:
- Google Search
- Google Maps
These are the two most prime locations for your business – search results on Google and on the Google Map.
People see information about your business fast like operating hours, products, or upcoming events.
When is your Google My Business workshop?
Abuzz Creative and Social Guru 4 You are offering a two-hour hands on training!
- Google My Business & Local SEO
- Thursday, January 16 at 8:30 a.m.
- Odawa Hotel in Petoskey
This is a HOT topic so please reserve your space early!