If your company is experiencing temporary changes in hours and business operations due to the coronavirus, please be sure to update your Google My Business profile.
People are using Google to search for local information on which local businesses are open. They’re searching for your temporary hours and to see if you’re offering ways to purchase or connect during these times of social separation.
The best way to help people searching is to provide the most current information on your Google My Business profile.
Login to Your Profile
- Go to google.com/business and click Manage Now.
- Log in with the Google Account you use for managing your Google My Business profile.
New Temporarily Closed Option
If your business is temporarily closed, Google just added a quick button in your Google My Business profile.
Easy update from your desktop version:
- Click on Info in the left menu bar to edit.
- Choose the new mark as temporarily closed option on the far right.
Using your phone app:
- On your Home screen, you will see a Coronavirus (COVID-19) alert.
- Click on Learn More.
Google added this new option to address business closures during this outbreak.
Add Temporary Hours
If your business is operating under different temporary hours:
- Go to Info > Special Hours and add your temporary business hours.
- Do not change your regular hours, keep those the same.
Create Posts with Updates
- Go to Posts and share updates on your profile explaining temporary changes in business operations.
- Restaurants: Tell people how to place an order for pick-up or delivery. This would be a great time to add your menu under the Menu section of your profile.
Updates will be front and center on your Google My Business profile, and will show on Google Search and Google Maps.
Business Resources for COVID-19
Google is providing resources to help your business manage through COVID-19 uncertainty. Google created a Help Document specifically for updating your Google My Business profile during the coronavirus closures:
Have questions? Please Email Marcie Wolf, she’s happy to help!