Are you looking to boost your Local SEO in 2021? The best strategy for winning at local SEO is by optimizing your Google My Business profile.
When we’re looking for local information, 80% of searches happen on Google and more than 50% are for local businesses. There’s a good chance people will discover you through your Google My Business listing.
Google My Business is a free tool that helps you manage how your business appears in Google Search and on Google Maps.
Once you create and verify your profile, complete the tasks shown below to optimize your profile.
Complete Your Google My Business Profile
- Add a detailed description
- Add hours, contact info, links
- Create Service categories
- List services under each category
- Add featured products with photo
- Add fixed-fee services with photo
- Ask for reviews on your profile
- Respond to every review
Media – Photos & Videos
- Add great photos frequently
- Create and upload short videos
Posts – Once a Week
- Share posts with 4:3 size photo
- Add events with date and photo
- Create offers
Google Profile Short Name
- Get verified then create a Short Name
- Share your URL – g.page/AbuzzCreative
Google does look at how much effort your business puts into your listing. The more you manage your Google My Business content, the better your chances are of ranking higher in the local three-pack map and in local search results.